Monday, August 2, 2010

X2

I have been wanting to post for um now... 1 month.. LOL... I have had so much on my mind... and honestly not a whole lot of time to write.
So here is my attempt to try and BLOG again...
Well we have finally welcomed out sweet baby boy into the world! Preston Kenneth Baker 9 lbs 3 oz and 22 inches long. He is absolutely a doll and we love him soo much! He is blonde? which yes Kenny is the father! LOL! He is a great little sleeper and pretty good little eater as well! Zack absolutely adores him! He has been quite a good big brother! He is very helpful at getting diapers and helping tub Preston and watching TOOPY while mommy nurses Preston.
Although he is pretty good there have been the occasional meltdowns... but I figure this is normal? RIGHT?
Well having two is nothing that I pictured at all. Now don't take me for an idiot here because I knew it would be busy but I never thought this busy... and I have my mom and sisters help ALL the time... This is what makes me nervous/worried. I need to know your feedback. Did you have to have help when you went from 1 child to 2? Like for example... how would you go to a pool and go swimming with your kids? I want to go in with Zack but I can't quite take little Preston? So do you just leave him on the side? Not really? do you send Zack in with a life jacket, NO... so I guess although I think I am slowly adjusting to two I still find somethings a little hard or frustrating. My children are the joy in my life they really are but sometimes I think I get to hard on myself thinking, am I even doing a good job with two? It totally is an adjustment for me but I feel like some days I am really getting it? But then I don't know? Maybe not. Sometimes I feel like people look at me like are you serious its just TWO? Like my sister for example has 5 kids my other sister has 4 and they are amazing little mommies. I don't know I know I shouldn't compare but I just wish I had that confidence that I could be like ya I know what I'm doing, or Ya I am doing a pretty good job.
We had a Harris thing yesterday at my mom and dad's and my older cousin gave me the HUGEST compliment. She said, "so you have two kids now eh? You look so comfortable and relaxed with two." My first response was WHAT???? But then I thought ya you know what maybe I can do this? maybe having two isn't that big of a deal? I know it can be challenging like at 2 am and one wakes the other one up because they are crying but whatever sleep is overrated right...lol...
Anyways I want to hear your feedback... How did you adjust to having two? Do you have any tips or tricks? I love having both my boys and I love playing with both of them but I must say for me anyways it has been quite the little adjustment. Anyways things are going fabulous Ken is off to Boston for work and we miss him so bad... it hasn"t even been one day yet... I can't wait for him to get home.. I just think everyday just 4 more days, just so many hours ect... lol. I love my man! He is everything to me! Anyways there is my ramblings for today! I sure do love my TWO little boys though and they are everything to me, I just hope I'm doing a good job of raising them both? LOL?

who wouldn't love these two cute faces!!!!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Mand,
    Get through the first couple of months and then it does get easier I promise. At first it made me hyperventilate thinking about taking the two of them out at once but now I could take them anywhere no sweat. Grocery stores are a piece of cake. Swimming too. So just hang in there and don't expect to do too much for the first little while. Three on the other hand.... now that's going to be crazy.... wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should read my most recent post! You hear all about my first 2 years with my 3. I never had 2 so I don't know how two is, but honestly you have to take it one day at a time and ya somethings you won't get to do. Like go to the pool unless you figure out a way. I always just stayed home, I knew that time would pass and things would get easier and they did! Seriously just go read my post, haha. It says it all! Also no, I never had ANY family help, ya I don't know how I did it. I guess we just do right, we have no choice and somehow it always works out. I always expected the worst so it always seemed easier than I thought.
    Good luck, I think you'll do great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha "little" adjustment!! ummm seriously i am feeling the same as you, i hate going anywhere with both of them by myself, and usually make my mom or sister come with me. its hard, I get ya, wanting to play with chloe but can't leave a crying baby on the side of the pool or park. I get super frustrated sometimes, and chloe is having a really hard time with jealousy so its that much harder! but i am sure it will get easier right??ha ha lets hope so! i am sure you are doing great! we should try and get together sometime, we can tag team! ha ha

    ReplyDelete