Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Did you think to pray???

Oh man, another post in 1 week... that's impressive... lol... I have been doing a lot of thinking since my last post and I just had to write this down. As I was driving into Lethbridge today I couldn't get this song out of my head and I kept thinking gosh, that's weird I normally don't have songs going through my head I normally have thoughts, or concerns or what I am going to do when I get to Lethbridge... But today was different....
As Things are getting closer for me and for baby to come I have been having a lot of "ahaa" moments... I guess you could call them. Like for instance 1. cutting my vegetables and fruits up and putting them in containers in the fridge completely helps our family eat our fruits and veggies.... (that was a lame example but little things like that) anyhoo... one of my aha moments today was as things are getting closer and closer for us, nerves start to get the best of me. I am constantly thinking of how Zack is going to do, how he will be while I'm away at the hospital, getting baby clothes ready and washed, cleaning this house like crazy, I guess you could say I'm 'nesting'? I think that is the dumbest term by the way... anyways...
So through this process like I said I have some worrysome moments.. like will surgery go ok, will baby nurse, will baby be healthy, ect... so as I have been feeling these emotions I keep thinking in my head how to deal with all these emotions so I am not an emotional wreck for the next 3 weeks. I need to keep sane so I don't drive everyone around me nuts... anyways today as I was driving to lethbridge this song came in my head....

Ere you left your room this morning,
Did you think to pray?
In the name of Christ our Savior,
Did you sue for loving favor,
As a shield today?
Oh, how praying rests the weary!
Prayer will change the night to day;
So when life seems dark and dreary,
  • Don’t forget to pray.
Don't you just love that song? Gosh, how simple can it be.... how dumb must I be.... I know I pray at night and sometimes I just get into the same routine of prayers, but think about it... All you have to do is pray? (ok I am sure this is lame to some as this is just an epiphany for me....)
anyways, what a great little song. I sang it so loud to Zack and then I just started to bawl ( so much for keeping my emotions under control for the next 3 weeks haha)
I know that as these last few months have turned into weeks, as these next few weeks turn into days, and as those days turn into hours and then minutes.... I know that, that minute where I get to finally hold my precious little baby in my arms that all time will stop, all time will hold still for Ken and I, and not one of those worries will cross my mind for that brief minute! oooh I can't wait for that minute to come! I am grateful to a Heavenly Father who trusts Ken and I to do this, to bring another little one into this big scary world, and how grateful I am for that!
Well off to bed, will keep everyone posted when baby comes. I will try and keep my epiphany's to a minimum... lol

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy! I totally understand these emotional feelings you are having, I had them with each one of my girls before they were born. Hang in there! Pretty soon you will be holding and enjoying your little baby. Can't wait to hear the good news!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not lame!! Prayer is so huge, especially with all that goes into being a mom! I love that Heavenly Father gives us those little answers and teaching moments, where He opens our eyes. They are usually so simple but so perfect!! Mandy you are such an awesome girl, and an amazing mom! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. epiphany's are appreciated by others chickee - keep em up! i'm totally feeling similar fears and feelings as you and it's amazing how such a simple reminder/song can be so powerful in times when we need that reminder. such a great song :) can't wait to see this new babe of yours!

    ReplyDelete